Which Patients Should be Considered for a Surgically-Inserted Impella® Heart Pump?
- Significant hemodynamic deficit
- Potential need to escalate support
- Unload the left ventricle
- Increase end organ perfusion
- Facilitate ambulation with axillary insertion of Impella 5.0® or Impella 5.5® with SmartAssist® heart pumps
Escalation and De-Escalation of MCS in Cardiogenic Shock
Dr. Bertoldi talks about "Escalation and de-escalaltion of MCS in Cardiogenic Shock" at Digital Summit 2021.
Resources from the Education Library
Escalation Strategies that Increase Unloading
Cardiothoracic Surgeon Mark Anderson, MD, discusses how cardiac surgery may help move the data closer to ≥80% survival-to-discharge quality measure in the National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative (NCSI) Study.
Impressive Survival and Heart Recovery Rates with Impella 5.5 with SmartAssist
Cardiac Surgeon Danny Ramzy, MD, reports the first U.S. experience with Impella 5.5 with SmartAssist.
EACTS 2021 all Recordings on Demand
Discover all EACTS 2021 Recordings here.