Key Findings from the National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative Study1,2,3
- Identify and support cardiogenic shock early
- Turn down titriation of inotropes aggressively
- Identify inadequate left ventricular (LV) support and escalate, if CPO <0.6
- Identify right ventricular (RV) dysfunction early and support
- Systematically use right heart catheter (RHC) to guide therapy
Clinical Evidence of Impella® Systems: Pathway to Class I Recommendation
Clinical evidence of Impella systems has established safety and effectiveness and validated best practices.
Ongoing and Upcoming Clinical Trials
RECOVER IV Randomized Controlled Trial
Upcoming trial to assess whether Impella pre-PCI is superior to PCI without Impella in patients with AMI cardiogenic shock.
Ongoing trial seeking to improve mortality in patients with AMI cardiogenic shock using the NCSI algorithm.
- Tehrani, B.N., et al. (2019). JACC. 73, 1659-1669.
- Basir, M.B., et al. (2019). Catheter Cardiovasc Interv, 93(7), 1173-1183.
- O’Neill, W.W., TCT 2020.