Protected PCI Enables Safe and Effective Treatment of High-Risk and Complex Patients
Benefits of Protected PCI include:
- Improved outcomes through complete revascularization and reduction of repeat and staged procedures5
- Improvement in ejection fraction and heart failure symptoms1
- Significant reduction in the overall incidence of post-procedural acute kidney injury (AKI)2
- Fewer hypotensive events during the procedure1
- Reduction in peri-procedural MI and post-procedural MACCE3
- Treatment options for patients ineligible for surgery4
- Reduction in length of stay6
Restoring EF in Daily Clinical Practice
Vasileios Panoulas, MD, PhD, FRCP, FESC, presents 3 case examples from his in daily clinical practice that illustrate LV improvement following Impella-supported PCI.
SmartAssist® Facilitates Impella® Weaning and Explant Decision Making
Rajan Patel, MD, FACC, FAHA, FSCAI discusses how SmartAssist technology has helped him make decisions about explanting and weaning in his high-risk PCI cases.
Complex Percutaneous Axillary Protected PCI Case
Watch Thom Dahle, MD, perform a high-risk PCI procedure recorded live from St. Cloud, MN, with panel commentary.
- O’Neill, W.W., et al. (2012). Circulation, 126(14), 1717-1727.
- Flaherty, M.P., et al. (2017). Circ Res, 120(4), 692-700.
- Dangas, G.D., et al. (2014). Am J Cardiol, 113(2), 222-228.
- Waldo, S.W., et al. (2014). Circulation, 130(25), 2295-2301.
- Burzotta, F., et al. (2019). J Interv Cardiol, 2019(5), 1-10.
- Maini, B., et al. (2014). Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res, 14(3), 403-416.